Epos Now Update 2.44
Because Epos Now is a cloud based software package any updates are automatic. It ensures that your system will never become out dated and you will never have to pay for costly upgrades. New features are constantly being rolled out, some of these features are ones that are chosen and voted for by the users, and most importantly they are features that help you to run your business effectively.
Some of the system amendments that were updated recently include:
What’s new in the 2.44 Software Release?
- Core Product Update - Epos Now Labs
- Core Product Update - Labour Report Enhancements
- AppStore Update - New Accounting Integrations update
- AppStore Update - Category image & description for ecommerce apps
- AppStore Update - Multiple Product images for ecommerce integrations
- AppStore Update - New Payment Processor AppStore Category
- AppStore Update - Deputy Global Launch
- AppStore Update - Vouchercart Global Launch
- Defects Update - Customer facing bug fixes
- Defects Update - Internal bug fixes
1. Introducing Epos Now Labs
With Epos Now Labs we can now deliver new features to our customers in a much more controlled way.
Using deployment rings we can control which features are available to which set of customers allowing us to service the following groups:
- Internal users
- Early Adopters (BETA customers)
- All users
- Corporate Accounts
How does it work?
Epos Now labs introduces the ability for our early adopters to test features before they reach the masses.
Too frequently we have our key customers asking for a sneak peak whether it be via our community, email or on the phone. With our new labs offering customers will not only get a sneak peak but we will also have the ability to field test more beta features in advance.
Why not check it for yourself?
Labour Reports now supports Multiple Job Codes
Following feedback from our BETA release of Labour Reports we found there was a common requirement to support staff using multiple job codes.
This allows business owners to report not only on staff labour costs, but specific staff roles, for instance a staff member who may be a bartender on Mondays but a server on Tuesdays.
With this enhancement the staff member simply chooses which job code they wish to operate as when clocking in to the till.
How does it work?
- Assign multiple job codes to the staff member in the Staff section of the Back Office > Set Up module
Note: you must select edit on the staff record to access this
- When the staff member clocks in to the till they will be presented with the following option
- Simply select the job code that you wish to operate as for the shift
New Payment Category on AppStore
As part of our global mission to give customers a truly integrated solution and seamless experience we have now made it even easier for all our customers to find the right merchant services partner directly from the AppStore.
What is is?
- On our AppStore home page there will now be an ‘Payments Processors’ category which customers will be able to use to find the best supplier for them.
- Customers can register their interest which will automatically refer them to the relevant partner.
Category image & description for e-commerce apps
With our platform now integrating with more e-commerce integrations including a number of upcoming integrations like Prestashop and WooCommerce we introduce Category images for customers to easily sync all data from Epos Now to E-commerce integrations instead of having to complete setup across both platforms
Note: Category images are only for use with e-commerce integrations that support them. Currently WooCommerce will be the only integration that supports category image sync when it launches in the near future. Existing integrations will be updated to support this functionality.
What is is?
- Customers can now upload an image against a category which will then sync to compatible e-commerce integrations
- Customers can now add a category description upto 100 characters long which will then sync to compatible e-commerce integrations
- Note: Customers can only see these options if they have a compatible app installed.
Multiple Product Images for e-commerce Integrations
We introduce the ability for customers to upload multiple images against a product so customers can easily sync all data from Epos Now to E-commerce integrations instead of having to complete setup across both platforms This feature will not show multiple images on the till for a single product and is for e-commerce use only.
Note: Currently WooCommerce will be the only integration that supports multiple product image sync when it launches. Existing integrations will be updated to support this functionality.
What is is?
- Customers can now upload multiple images against a product which will then sync to compatible e-commerce integrations
Note: Customers can only see these options if they have the free Product Details App.
New Integration: Introducing Deputy to our Global AppStores
Deputy has been available in the UK Appstore for a long time but with fixes applied we are now beginning to launch it Globally so our U.S and Australian customers can benefit from staff scheduling and management.
New Integration: Introducing VoucherCart to our Global AppStores
Our much anticipated Vouchercart integration is now ready for release. With the ability for customers to instantly create, sell and redeem vouchers they can increase their customer reach, further grow profits and easily track each voucher.
What have we fixed?
We have fixed the following customer reported issues in this release:
The following customer reported defects are due to be fixed in 2.44
DE-47 - Duplicate product uses first Tax Rate in dropdown list for calculating Takeaway price
DE-157 - sub total on rift bill print calculates incorrectly
DE-159 - Mailchimp does not sync customer points changes
DE-362 - resending failed webhooks from the queue fails with error
DE-374 - stock history report not showing deleted products
DE-401 - Customer webhook updates loyalty points incorrectly
DE-403 - Importing product with random product type crashes back office
DE-528 - Modifying a tip adjust enabled tender disables tip adjust